Wednesday, January 26, 2005

When little I remember

I remember when I was as young as 3, I think, having a bath. In a small round galvanised metal tub, in the kitchen of a small single storey modest linkhouse. The kitchen was off a garage, facing a common narrow lane. It had also an internal courtyard for drying area, on the other side of the living room, where the toilet and bathroom were attached.

The lane was Jalan Triang, so it was called, in Transit Quarters, Kuantan, Pahang. At front, it had a small creek, not far away from the Living Room, where the doors were constantly closed, for our safety.

The Quarter is now a nonentity. It had been demolished, kaput.

Thats how much I remember of it and little me.

3 Comments:

Blogger WooeR said...

Ad, you must be thinking of the other house where we moved into later in 1958, which was in Jalan Kuantan. Yes, that was a semi-detached one. It was sited at an end near a rubber estate, bordered by a bigger creek.

12:04 AM  
Blogger WooeR said...

Now I remember, the latter house was No. 755 Jalan Kuantan, Transit Quarters. Stayed there until end 1965 or early 1966.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I stumbled onto your blog and want to give my 2 cents worth of history. I used to live with my mom, dad and a brother and sister in Transit Quarters, Kuantan from 1955 to 1970. The address was 603 Jalan Lipis. I still have vivid memories of the area! In 1970, I moved to LA, California and then subsequantly to Canada, where I am now.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home